Flyers are single sheet documents usually printed in one or two colors or in a full four-color process. They come in several sizes and styles, depending on the application, and can be custom printed to your specifications. Most printers can print in full color and offer standard sizes of 8-1/2 x 11, 8-1/2 x 14, and 11 x 17. It is normally a 1 page 1-sided document with 1-3 column layout for text and graphics to be incorporated. Research has shown that a flyer printed in four colors (full color) will attract more attention than one printed in black & white. Paper stock will vary from printer to printer but most will offer 60 lb. to 100 lb. gloss or matte text. A successful marketing strategy starts with content and design.
There are a variety of descriptions and terms used in today’s businesses for a single sheet advertising document such as Sparkle Sheet, Notice etc., even Bulletin has been used to describe it. What ever name you use to describe it, you want it to get your audiences attention. Get your flyers designed early and bring them to your business or event! We also have provided fonts for your selection.
Creating a Flyer
- Choose the color of paper you want to use. It’s up to you. Just keep in mind how many flyers you want to print and make sure your budget allows for 5,000 printed sheets of your chosen color.
- Come up with a snappy headline. This is your first and only shot at capturing the reader's attention. Sum up your product, service, or special event in a few, but powerful, words.
- Add graphics, if necessary. Chose one or several that will tie into your message. Or you can simply keep the printing costs down and strictly use text.
- Copy should be straight to the point. You don't have a lot of space to waste here on rambling words. Give readers enough information to get them in the door.
- Offering a discount? Let people know. Create a coupon on your flyer encouraging them to come in.
- The body of your flyer doesn't have to be filled with text. White space (the area of your flyer that doesn't have any graphics or text) invites your readers to see what you're selling without long, boring blocks of copy.
- Check to make sure there are no city ordinances against posting your flyer in certain areas or passing them out on the street.
- Print in color only if you're sending your flyer to a targeted group. Otherwise, it's a waste of money when you could be printing more black and white flyers.
Why Four Color Printing (CMYK)
Unlike inkjet printers or color photocopiers, full color (C-M-Y-K) printing provides accurate, detailed, brilliant reproduction of your originals at a low cost-per-sheet. Look at any magazine cover - Time, People, National Geographic - for an example of 4-color process printing. This is the kind of printing found at "commercial printers", not your local quick-printer shop.
Standard stock for Flyer and Poster designs is a high quality, bright white 24 lb. paper. We recommend a selection of specialty stocks which can be used dependent upon your marketing and distribution plans. These come in a variety of colors and finishes. The textured specialty stocks can give your flyer or poster a much more exclusive look and feel. Please indicate if you prefer specialty paper(s) for your design during your Free Consultation.
Our pricing is competitive and affordable to give your company the look you want to stand out above the rest of your competition!
- 1 or 2 concepts will be offered to your company.
- The document graphics will be in one of several industry accepted formats EPS, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF (your choice) and using CYMK color system. Which ever your printing service/system requires.
- We can create the file utilizing one of our several well known software programs Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PageMaker, Adobe FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, or if requested Adobe PDF. We also have several other programs available, please request a consultation to discuss these options.
- The design will be print ready to use with your personal, home office, small business, or corporate printing service/equipment.
- If you choose we can take your document(s) and create CD’s to distribute.
- Additionally we can create an on-line interactive version for your web site.
- Or a file for distribution via e-mail that will be small in size and hassle free for the end customer to view.